Tuesday, November 5th, 2013
A bushfire continues to burn near Great Northern Highway about 100 kilometres north of Halls Creek.
You can read DFES’ advice here:
** Please note changes to Alert Level and Bushfire Behaviour **
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES).
Time of issue: 10.45am
Date of issue: 5 November 2013
Bushfire ADVICE for Great Northern Highway, 100 kilometres north of Halls Creek, in the Shire of Halls Creek
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people travelling on Great Northern Highway,100 kilometres north of Halls Creek, in the Shire of Halls Creek.
The fire is burning in bushland close to Great Northern Highway on the Alice Downs Cattle Station and Springvale Cattle Station.
There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
No roads are closed.
Motorists should avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
The bushfires are moving in a western direction.
It is out of control and unpredictable.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
DFES are monitoring the fire.
The cause of the fires is unknown.
DFES is managing the fires.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 1300 657 209 or listen to news bulletins.